Photograph of Quara & Salina
In Maltese the Q at the start of a word is silent and Qawra is pronounces as Our ra as in rabbit
as pronounced in Northern England
- Qawra is located on the North East coast of Malta and one of the 2 popular tourist areas of St Pauls Bay
- Located on the Qawra peninsular between St Pauls Bay to the North and Salina Bay to the South, Qawra is part of St paul's Bay.
- 15km from Valletta
- Located next to and to the North East and East of
, the other popular resort..
- On the other side of Bugibba is the
old town of St Pauls bay
- This is a popular tourist area and part of neighbouring resorts, Bugibba and St pauls Bay, stretching for 5km along St Paul’s Bay, around Qawra
Point and into Salina Bay.
- Almost the entire forshore is rocky, In many locations the rocks are flat and suitable for sunbathing
- Qawra is located on the Qawra peninsular and therefore has a seafront on 3 sides
- To the north is St Pauls Bay
- To the east of the tip of the peninsular is the open Mediterranean sea
- To the south Salina bay with it's massive salt pans in the shallow head of the bay
- Swimming and snorkelling is popular from the rocks. Ensure you locate a suitable exit point from the water, and beware of the black sea urchins found
on the rocks.
- The entire area is great for watersports.
- Bugibba’s beach is rocky and consists of romantic, little coves.
- There is a small beach at the head of St pauls Bay
- The nearest large sandy beaches are about 8km away at Mellieha Bay and further afield in Golden Bay. There is a regular bus route to these beaches from
Shopping in Qawra
- Not renouned as a shopping area but the nessaries can be bought
Nightlife in Qawra
- Some of the hotels in this area also have their own nightclubs and special nights of entertainment
Qawra Restaurants & Cuisine
- A selection of restaurants and cafes is available
Sports in Qawra
- Scuba Diving for beginners and experienced divers is available from Diving schools
- Snorkelling in the sea
- Many hotels & aparthotels have their own sporting facilities. See Hotel descriptions
- Package holiday transfer time between Luqa airport and St. Paul’s Bay 1 hour - 1 hour 30 minutes.
Qawra Bus Services
Plenty of buses run through Qawra going either to Valletta or to Bugibba and further north on the island. A larger selection of buses run from
to Bugibba 59, 70, 159, 449
to Golden Bay 652
to Golden Bay 652
to Mosta 59, 159
to Paceville 70, 652
to Sliema, Sliema ferries 70, 652
to St. Julians 70, 652
to St Pauls Bay 159, 652
to Valletta 59, 449
Hotels in Qawra