Weather & Climate in Malta
St. Georges Bay
St. Paul's Bay
Airtours Holidays to Malta
Thomson Holidays to Malta
Bugibba hotels, apartments
Salina Bay hotels
St. Julian's hotels
St. Paul's Bay hotels
St. Julian's apartments
St. Paul's Bay apartments
Flights to Malta
Gozo Citadel attractions
Paceville bars & clubs
Paceville Nightlife photos
Flights to Malta
UK Coach Travel
Xlendi is pronounced Sh-lendy (Sh as in shout)
- Xlendi is located on the south western coast of Gozo, 2 miles from the islands capital Victoria.
- Xlendi is a small fishing village turned into the islands number one tourist resort by day trippers. The charming small resort of is
Xlendi is located along the southern side of the extremely pretty, picturesque & narrow Xlendi bay. The resort continues for a short
distance inland along the valley leading down to the bay along the main road from Victoria .
- The resort on the southern side of the bay is built into the steep sides of the bay in tiers of buildings and consists of large number of private dwellings
hotels and apartments . There is a low level walkway past a couple of bars, restaurants and boat houses to the lower lying headland. This can be
seen in the panoramic photograph of Xlendi
& Xlendi bay above
- The northern side of the bay has very steep cliffs with steep steps and a footpath that goes along the cliff to the headland. There are no buildings
on this side of the bay.
|Two views of Xlendi Sea Front restaurants, with tables and chairs right on the fronts edge. St Patrick's hotel & small
The seafront of Xlendi is a mix of ..
- Cliffs to the north with panoramic views from its path located a third of the way up the cliffs that can just be seen
on the photograph. The path is accessed by a steep set of steps which zigzag &up the cliff side from near the small harbour north breakwater in the
corner of the bay.
- A flat area backing the beach. Which has several bars and restaurants and a square used to park fishermen's boats. See photographs below in the Xlendi
- Below the road on the southern side of the bay are two a paths leading to the headland. The higher path merges into the lower path via steps near
the Ic Cima
restaurant. Both paths have steps either to reach them, or along the path. There are bench style seating at very regular intervals to enjoy the sunshine
and view or the beautiful sunsets which are usually at there best in spring and autumn. Near the beach end of the lower path is the Churchill restaurant
and a bar.
- A rougher path continues from the near southern headland round the next bay inlet to the watch tower on the next further headland.
- The flights of steps on the northern cliff side where the cliff is a shear drop are steep but the views from the steps, footpath and northern headland
are stunning and worth the climb.
- The beach at Xlendi is at the landward end of the bay, which has an unusual rectangular end rather than the normal horseshoe shape of bays.
small beach is divided by a very stone jetty style harbour wall. One side of the wall the beach is made of golden sand and on the other it is made of pebble.
Click on photographs below to see enlargements.
Xlendi Watch Tower
Close up of The Xlendi Watch Tower. Only a short walk from Xlendi
Xlendi Watch Tower viewed from Xlendi sea front. Great views can be had from all of the 3 headlands
Shopping in Xlendi
- You can buy the essentials in Xlendi but if you are into wandering around the shops then head for the islands capital Victoria 2
miles away or take a trip to Valletta or Sliema on the main island Malta
Nightlife in Xlendi
- Xlendi is the perfect place to relax in, ideal for chatting with your family or fiends over a drink in a bar or an appetising meal in a restaurant.
Xlendi Bars, Restaurants & Cuisine
- Because many tourists come for the day or afternoon you will find a large number of bars and restaurants through Xlendi. The largest concentration is
on the seafront overlooking the bay and beach
The Vegetarian dishes serves classical Gozitian dishes along with house specialties of Mediterranean and pasta dishes
Besides the specialty dish of the day Bonitos Restaurant also has prepares Vegetarian dishes
The restaurant also provides a romantic setting to enjoy your meal & wine in.
Bonitos restaurant, Mount Carmel Street (Triq il-Madonna tal-Karmnu) , Xlendi Bay, Gozo
Bonitos Restaurant Xlendi
Churchills restaurant is located in an ideal location on the southern seafront walkway. With both A la carte
and fixed menus including pizzas, local, fresh fish and specialty dishes
Churchills restaurant, Marina Street, Xlendi, Gozo, Malta.
Tel: (+356) 2155 5614
Churchill's Restaurant Xlendi
|Da Manuel Restaurant
The Da Manuel restaurant has both good service and a good choice of appetising food. Da Manuel regards itself as being one of the3
elegant restaurants in Xlendi. Da Manuel restaurant has a local Gozitian,northern Italian and fresh fish menu.
Da Manuel restaurant, Kantra Street, Xlendi, Gozo
Da Manuel Restaurant Xlendi
The Ic-Cima restaurant is a family run Italian and Mediterranean restaurant. There is both an indoor restaurant and over the
road a large terrace located on the southern headland with spectacular views.
Ic-Cima restaurant, St Simon Street, Xlendi, Gozo
Ic-Cima & Terrazo Restaurants Xlendi
|Moby Dick Restaurant
Moby Dick Restaurant
Moby Dick Restaurant, 4, Marina Street, Xlendi Bay, Gozo, Malta.
|Terrazzo Restaurant & Bar
The Terrazzo restaurant offers both an indoor nicely decorated restaurant or outdoor on it's terrace on the southern headland.
The Terrazzo has an Italian menu of anti pasta, pasta and fresh fish dishes
Located on the headland and it's beautiful views
Terrazzo restaurant, St. Simon Street, Xlendi, Gozo
Ic-Cima & Terrazo Restaurants Xlendi
|Zafiro Restaurant & Bistro
The Zafiro Restaurant is located on the ground floor of the San Andrea hotel on Xlendi's promenade.
The restaurant serves continental or English breakfasts, lunch and dinner . The a la Carte menu includes a variety of fresh fish. Watch the sunset
from the outside terrace.
8am – 10:30pm
Zafiro Restaurant, Xlendi Promenade, Xlendi, Gozo, Malta
Huang Gong Restaurant, Marina Street, Xlendi, Gozo, Malta
La Grotta Restaurant, Xlendi Road, Xlendi Bay, Gozo, Malta
Valley View Restaurant, Xlendi Road, Xlendi Bay, Gozo, Malta
Herbees Diner and Internet Cafe, Main Road, Xlendi Bay, Gozo, Malta
Gourmet Restaurant, Xlendi Promenade, Xlendi, Gozo, Malta
Karolina Restaurant, Xlendi Promenade, Xlendi, Gozo, Malta
Moby Dick Restaurant, Xlendi Promenade, Xlendi, Gozo, Malta
Try the Classic Gozitian Traditional Rabbit (Fenkata) dish
Sports in Xlendi
- Scuba Diving for beginners and experienced divers is available from Diving schools in Xlendi such as
St. Andrew's Divers Cove Ltd, St. Simon Street, Xlendi Bay, Gozo, Malta
Xlendi Bay, Gozo, Malta Tel: 2156 4429, 2155 1616
- Snorkeling in the sea
- Many hotels & aparthotels have their own sporting facilities. See Hotel descriptions
Xlendi Bus Services routes 87
Buses run between Xlendi and Victoria bus station with an 8 minute journey time
Buses leave Xlendi for Victoria (known locally as Rabat)
July - August - September (2007)
11.00, 12.00,13.00, 14.00,15.00, 16.15, 17.30, 18.30, 20.00
October to June
9.30, 11.15,12.30, 14.00, 15.15, 16.15
plus at 17:30 only in October April May & June
Buses leave Victoria for Xlendi at
9 minutes after the times for Xlendi to Victoria above
Tourist Information Office
The nearest information Office is in Victoria
Hotels in Xlendi